Updated March 26, 2020 at 8:00 am
Marysville Convention & Tourism is actively monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from both Marshall County and the City of Marysville. The health and safety of our visitors and residents is our highest priority and this page will be updated regularly to provide you the latest information about events, closures, postponements and activities that meet our social distancing requirements.
Cancelations and CLOSURES
Several area events and activities are being canceled or rescheduled due to COVID-19. In addition, many area attractions are closed due to the virus. This page will be updated as often as possible. However, we encourage you to call ahead to confirm the status of an attraction or event prior to travel.
- The Marshall County Museum Day scheduled for Saturday, April 4th has been canceled, with the possibility of reschedule this summer.
- The Marysville Farmer’s Market vendor meeting is postponed.
- The St. Gregory’s Catholic Church Fish Frys are canceled until further notice.
- The Marysville Sons of the American Legion chicken dinner set for April 5 has been canceled.
- The Marysville Area Community Theatre spring play will not be performed in April. A May date is being considered.
- The NEK Junkin Trail Shop Hop for Friday and Saturday in Northeast Kansas is canceled.
- The April & May art exhibitions at the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art have been canceled.
- The April Lecture Series at the Pony Express Museum has been canceled.
- The Mother’s Day Market set for May 9-10 has been canceled.
- The Boss Nationals event set for August 28-30 has been canceled.
- The Marshall County Visitors Center is closed.
- The Pony Express Barn & Museum will be closed until May 1.
- The Marshall County Historic Courthouse is closed until further notice.
- The Astro 3 Theatre is closed until further notice.
- The Marysville Public Library will remain closed until April 6
- The Lee Dam Center For Fine Art is closed until further notice.
- The Koester House Museum is closed until May 1. The gardens remain open, but people are encouraged to practice social distancing.
- The American Legion Post #163 is closed until further notice.
RESTAURANTS & RETAILERS
Many area restaurants remain open during this time, offering curbside pickup and/or delivery. We encourage you to call ahead as details change quickly.
- Wagon Wheel Cafe – carryout, curbside pickup and free delivery within City limits. Open 11am-8pm. Call 785-562-3784
- Empty Cup Coffee Bar & Bistro – curbside pickup and delivery. Open Monday-Friday 7am-5pm, Saturday 10am-2pm. Call 785-562-3354
- El Ranchero – drive through or carryout, free delivery within City limits. Open 11am-2pm & 4:30pm-8pm. Call 785-562-5123
- Landoll Lanes – closed for maintenance until further notice.
- Bite Me Barbecue – carry out or free delivery. Open Tuesday-Thursday 11am-7pm, Friday-Saturday 11am-8pm. Call 785-619-6110
- Sandy’s Pantry – carry out, curbside pickup and local delivery. Open Monday-Friday 11am-1pm. Call 785-562-2322
- Marysville Country Club – carry out and curbside delivery. Call 785-562-2296
- CJ Express West – carry out & free delivery for any items in store, including pizza, chicken & grocery items (excluding tobacco, alcohol & gas). Call 785-562-1177
- Little Hap’s Bar & Grill (Home City) – carryout available. Hours 11am-2pm and 4:30pm-8pm Monday through Saturday. Call 785-799-9920
- Tryon’s Pour House (Blue Rapids) – carryout only. Open Wednesday-Saturday 5pm-9pm. Call 785-363-7433
- East Side Cafe (Blue Rapids) – carryout or curbside pickup. Open 11am-8pm. Call 785-562-7008.
- Highway 9 Pizza (Frankfort) – carryout available. Open Every day 11am–1pm & 4pm-8pm. Call 785-292-6100
- Table Six (Beattie) – carryout or curbside. Open 11am-1pm. Pay over the phone available. Call 785-353-2498.
- Ace’s Bar & Grill (Axtell) – Tuesday-Thursday 11am-1:30pm & 5pm-9pm, Friday 11am-1:30pm & 5pm-12am, Saturday 5pm-12am. Call 785-736-2218
- My Sister’s Kitchen (Waterville) – Curbside pickup & carryout. Open Thursdays 7am-8pm, Fridays-Saturday 7am-2pm, Sundays 8am-2pm. Call 785-713-9090
Many area retailers offer curbside pickup and/or delivery. We encourage you to call ahead as details change quickly.
- Garden of Eden – curbside pickup or delivery ONLY, payment over phone available
- 12th Street Liquor – curbside pickup
- Scheele’s Meat Market – curbside pickup
- Reflections Hallmark – open inside and offering curbside pickup
- AR-EX Drug Store – curbside pickup & delivery for prescriptions & medical supplies.
- Valley Vet Supply & Fashion Direct – curbside pickup
- Potter’s Jewelry – curbside pickup and open by appointment
- Ehnen’s Automotive – open inside and offering curbside pickup
- IdntiTeez – online shopping at idntiteez.com
- Special offer from IdntiTeez – We’re in this with you! Buy any tee at this link and they’ll give back $10 to the business of your choice! http://store.idntiteez.com/togetherisbetter/shop/home
social distancing activities
- Take a walk, run or ride on the Blue River Rail Trail.
- Explore Alcove Spring Historic Park, site of the Oregon Trail.
- Enjoy the signs of spring in the Koester House Gardens (museum is closed).
- Drive around (remaining in your car) to see each of the Black Squirrels on Parade.
- Explore our website and plan your future trip to Marysville when social distancing ends.
- Visit TravelKS.com to plan your future Kansas explorer trips.