1207 Broadway, Marysville, KS 66508
This 1891 building served as Marshall County’s courthouse for nearly 90 years. In the 1970s county officials built a new courthouse next door and in 1979 deeded the old courthouse to The Marshall County Historical Society. Since that time, more than $200,000 has been spent to preserve and maintain it. Funds have come from grants, donations, and a trust fund set up by Historical Society members.
In the first years of Historical Society ownership, the building continued to house some county offices, as well as business tenants. Over time, the rooms were converted to display the growing collection of county history artifacts. The museum gradually expanded to the current 21 display rooms. The building has several storage vaults with cast-iron doors and interior iron shutters. The courtroom is used for weddings, plays, mock trials, and meetings.