► Industry &
► Lodging/RV Parks
► Personal Services
June 2014 Events
June 5-12-26, 2014 - Marshall County Community Band Performances
- The Marshall County Community Band will have a series of concerts in June and July. Each concert will feature new music. Join us at the 7 p.m.
each evening at the Koester House Museum Gardens. Their June schedule is as follows:
June 5 - "American Victory"
June 12 - "10th Anniversary"
June 26 - "Dance"
June 5, 2014 - Boy Scout Chicken Barbeque
- The annual Boy Scout Chicken Barbeque will be held Thursday, June 5th at the American Legion Club.
Advance tickets will be available from any boy scout.
June 6, 2014 - Poker Run & Friday Night Cruisin'
- The annual Poker Run and Friday Night Cruisin' sponsored by the Marysville Chamber of Commerce in downtown
Marysville is scheduled for Friday, June 6th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Registration for the poker run is at 8th
& Broadway. Door Prizes - Drive Anything - Everyone Welcome - Fun for the entire family!
Prizes will be awarded for the Best Poker Hand, the 2nd Best Poker Hand and the Worst Poker Hand.
Enjoy cruisin' on Broadway during this fun filled event. Enjoy KNDY AM 1570 live remote from
5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. with 50's and 60's favorites!
June 6-7, 2014 - Big Blue BBQ Championship
- The 8th annual Big Blue BBQ Championship, presented by Marysville Main Street, will be held on June 6th & 7th in
downtown Marysville. Check-in begins on Friday, June 6th, with the People's Choice at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Space is limited. For
more information and rules visit bigbluebbqmarysville.com
June 6, 2014 - Blue, Brews & BBQ
- After the Poker Run & Cruisin' head to 7th & Broadway where the rhythm & blues band Mainstreet will be performing live!
This 6-piece band playing R&B, rock, disco and blues. Admission is free and a beer garden
will be open just West of the band at Joe's Bar. Mainstreet is sponsored by the Marysville Main Street and the Marysville Auto Fest.
June 6-7, 2014 - Footloose Dance Recital
- The annual Footloose Dance Recital will be held on June 6th & 7th at 7 p.m. in the MHS Auditorium. Dancers range in age from 3 to 18 years old.
June 7, 2014 - Big Blue River Days Run
- The 4rd Annual Big Blue River Days Run, sponsored by the CMH Foundation, will be held on Saturday, June 7th. Enjoy a 5K Run, 10K Run or 1 mile Walk/Run beginning at the
Blue River Rail Trail south trailhead (North of Marysville). Food, beverages, drawings & more will be at the finish line. Register
on-line or Download an entry form
June 7, 2014 - Marysville Autofest
- The 24th annual Marysville Autofest is scheduled for June 7th in downtown Marysville. New in 2014 - a Tractor Show at 4th & Broadway!
Registration will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Showtime is from 12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Special features will be a 50/50 pot, event t-shirts, and food
vendors. For more information contact Al at 785-336-1781 or Dave at 785-562-5000 or Bill at 402-239-2971.
June 7-14-21-28, 2014 - Farmers Market
- The local Farmers Market will be open for business every Saturday in June from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at 7th & Broadway in historic downtown Marysville.
You'll find a large selection of baked goods, locally grown foods, plants and handmade crafts at the market. Vendors must
register with Marysville Sports & Recreation. For more information call 785-562-6818. NOTE On June 7th, the market will
be located just west of the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art.
June 8, 2014 - Footloose Alumni Dance
- Alumni from the Foodloose Dance Studio will perform at 2 p.m. at the Marysville High School Auditorium.
June 8, 2014 - Legion Dinner
- The American Legion are sponsoring a dinner of pan fried chicken and liver & onions
on Sunday, June 8th at the American Legion Club. Serving is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
June 8, 2014 - Jolly Jogathon Track Meet
- The 36th Annual Jolly Jogathon Track Meet, sponsored by the City of Marysville, Marysville Sports & Recreation,
and Marysville Health & Fitness is scheduled for June 8th at Homer Hanson Stadium in Marysville. Registration
for Field events is from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon, with events starting at 12:00 noon. Registration for running
events is from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with events starting at 3:00 p.m. For a list of Jolly Jogathon Records
and age brackets, click here. For more information.
contact Cleve Walstrom at 785-562-3050 (home) or 785-562-3021 (work).
June 12, 2014 - Photo Walk "Through the Lens"
- Bring your camera! Experienced photographers will offer tips on how to shoot the best photos of Marysville's historic architecture and scenic sites from 5-8 p.m. Come learn
from a team of pro photographers that include Scott Bean, Tom Parker, Ferdando Ugarte, Bill Nelson and JoAnn Shum. Pick up a map at the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art that
night. A reception will follow at the Lee Dam Center for Fine Art, featuring an exhibit of historic photos by Omar Hawkins. Entry is free.
The Photo Walk is sponsored by the Marysville Advocate and the Marshall County Arts Cooperative.
June 13-14-15, 2014 - American Legion Classic Baseball Tournament
- The Annual American Legion Classic Baseball Tournament will be held June 13, 14, and 15 in Marysville.
Come enjoy 3 days of great baseball! For more information contact Greg Scheele at 785-562-2604.
June 13, 2014 - Pony Express Catbackers Golf Tournament, Dinner & Auction
- The 22nd Annual Pony Express Catbackers Golf Tournament, Dinner & Auction will be held on
Friday, June 13th in Marysville. The Golf Tournament will be held at the Marysville Country
Club. The dinner and auction will be at the Marysville American Legion beginning at
5:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required. For more information contact
Bob Ferris at 785-562-6620 or Lynn Mayer at 785-562-2186.
June 14, 2014 - Kiwanis Classic Baseball Tournament
- The Kiwanis Classic Baseball Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, June 14th at Feldhausen Field. This
tournament is for ages 10 & under and 12 & under. Enjoy a day of great baseball! For more information
contact Keith Vacha at 785-713-1535 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 19, 2014 - "Heaven Is for Real" Todd Burpo Event
- "Heaven Is for Real" is the true story of a four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who experienced heaven during emergency surgery. He talked about
looking down to see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn’t know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear. In
heaven, Colton met his miscarried sister whom no one ever had told him about and his great-grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born. He shared
impossible-to-know details about each. Told by the Colton’s father often in Colton’s own words, the disarmingly simple message is that heaven is a real place, Jesus
really loves children, and to be ready … there is a coming last battle. Todd Burpo will bring this inspiring message of comfort and hope to Marysville on Thursday,
June 19th at 5:30 p.m. and at 8:00 p.m. in the MHS Auditorium. Admission is free. Todd Burpo is sponsored by the Loss of a Child Support Group.
June 20, 2014 - Pony Express Re-Ride
- The annual Pony Express Re-Ride from Sacramento, CA to St. Joseph, MO will come through Marysville on June 20th at approximately 9:00 p.m. Over 600 riders
will take part in this 10 day, 24 hour a day event. Each rider will take the Pony Express Oath, and be issued a commemorative Bible
in the tradition of Russell, Majors and Waddell. Please join us in welcoming them as they change riders at the Pony Express Home
Station in Marysville. Arrive early, as arrival times can sometimes vary 1 hour either way. Don't miss your chance to witness this historic event!
June 20, 2014 - Marshall County Relay for Life
- The annual Marshall County Relay for Life will be held June 220th in Marysville. For more information
June 23-27, 2014 - Kids Week at the Koester House
- Come on down to the Koester House for Kids Week, with special programs every day! 1st-3rd graders will meet daily from 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 4th-6th graders will
meet daily from 11 a.m. to noon. Daily activites include:
Monday - Fairy stories and make your own fary house with woodland materials
Tuesday - Cowboy Day
Wednesday - Crafts from Nature
Thursday - Stories & music
Friday - Happy Birthday
For complete information call Pat Breeding at 785-562-2981 or like their
June 26, 2014 - Jam Session
- Head the the American Legion from 6-9 p.m. for some great music! Bring your instrument or just come and listen. Local musicians coming together to make